The BFP60 Power Thrust stands alone. Its unique gear case, large propeller capability and Easy Dock Steering® make it perfect for maneuvering large boats, especially pontoons. And with Boosted Low Speed Torque (BLAST®) and best in class fuel economy, you get an engine that's also powerful and efficient.
The BFP60 does not come with a propeller. Please consult with your Honda Dealer for propeller application assistance.
Performance and Efficiency
- Power Thrust: A unique gear case and larger propeller makes the Power Thrust BFP60 ideal for manoeuvring large boats, like pontoons, around the marina.
- Four-Stroke Design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Lightweight: Weighing in at only 119 kg (262 lb) with propeller mounted, the BFP60 PowerThrust (LRTC model) is one of the lightest motors in its class. It's perfect for inflatables, skiffs, and fishing boats.
- Easy Dock Steering®: Easy Dock Steering® takes the anxiety out of maneuvering your pontoon boat around the marina. The Power Thrust BFP60 has a full 50 degrees of steering to port and again to starboard. Combine the Easy Dock Steering® with the Power Thrust gear case, and you've got a remarkably maneuverable outboard.
- BLAST® System: Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST®, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST® system, advancing the ignition curve aggressively. "Hole Shot" is vastly improved as more horsepower gets the hull up on plane quicker.
- Lean Burn Control®: Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 10% less fuel* than others in its class. (*Based on EPA Specific Fuel Consumption Mode.)
- Variable Speed Trolling: For fisherman who want to slow troll, Honda's variable speed control is the right fit. The system adjusts in 50 rpm increments between 750 RPM and 1,000 rpm. Variable speed control is standard on the tiller models and optional on remote models.
- Programmed Fuel Injection: Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
- Mikuni® Intake System: The lightweight Mikuni® long tube intake track system helps build low end torque.
Reliability and Durability
- Engine Alert System: The Engine Alert System uses visual, audio and RPM reduction circuits to alert the operator of over-heating, low oil PSI and over-revving. This helps to prevent engine damage.
- Four-Front Corrosion Protection: The Corrosion Protection System is a patented "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, internally painted cooling passages, and a freshwater flushing device, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Corrosion Tolerance: A fresh water flushport flushes debris and saltwater out of the engine. Painted interior cooling passages help extend the life of the outboard.
- Ultra Low 3-Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
- Three-Year Warranty: The best outboards in the industry are backed by the best warranty in the business, 3 years parts and labour.
Convenience and Ease of Use
- Superior Battery Charging: There's always plenty of electric power with the 60hp. Honda's exclusive neodymium magnet flywheel enables these engines to produce nearly twice as many charging amps as some competitors. The high output helps keep battery banks charged all day, even when running multiple accessories. The standard BFP60 PowerThrust develops a total 27 amps and 22 charging amps.
- Center Mount Tiller (with Optional Tiller Kit): The ergonomically designed tiller handle is longer for improved handling. Adjustments for throttle and steering friction allow easier control. Up front shift lever, PTT switch, and engine alert lamps provide added convenience.
- Optional Conveniences: An optional tilt limit kit keeps the motor from rubbing against the bottom of a pontoon boat's sun deck. The dash mounted rudder meter kit keeps the captain informed to which direction the engine is pointing.
- Easy Maintenance: Easy access side-mounted oil filter and oil fillers simplify maintenance, while "screw-type" valve adjusters reduce maintenance costs.
- Meets NMEA 2000 Standards: NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be displayed on NMEA 2000 compliant dashboard electronics, like sonar and GPS.
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC; 3 Cylinder / 12 Valves
- Displacement: 998 cc / 61.0 cu.in.
- Bore & Stroke: 73 mm x 79.5 mm (2.9 x 3.1 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Propshaft Rated Horsepower (HP): 60 hp @ 5,500 rpm
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: Programmed Electronic Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Gas. (Min. Pump Octane 86)
- Ignition System: MicroComputer Programmed
- Starting System: Electric
- Exhaust: Through Prop Hub
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Recommended Oil: SAE 10W30 API service classification SJ or later
- Oil Capacity: 2.70 L(2.40 Imp. qt.) with oil filter repl.
- Trim Range: -4 deg. to +16 deg.
- Tilt Range: 60 deg.
- Steering Angle: 50 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.33:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator (Electric Start): 27 amp
- Battery Charging Power: 22 amp
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Over Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Battery Condition Alert: Standard
- Speedometer Pickup: Standard (Optional built-in Pitot tube kit required.)
- Variable Speed Trolling Kit: Optional
- Rudder Meter Kit: Optional
- Tilt limit Kit: Optional
- Overall Width: 417 mm / 16.4 in.
- Transom Height (L-Type): 531 mm / 20.9 in.
- L-Type: 119 kg / 262 lb. (With propeller mounted)
Honda outboard motors are power rated in accordance with NMMA procedures using the ICOMIA standard 28/23.
The steering angle can be set at 30° when two outboard motors are installed at an interval of 558 mm (ICOMIA standard recommendation). It can be set at 50°, too, depending on the installation interval. Do not set the steering angle at 50° on a high speed boat, as it can impair the steering stability. When the boat is equipped with a hydraulic steering type of the outboard motor, steering angle can be set at 30°. It cannot be set at 50°. However, note that the steering angle can be set at 50° by using a connecting plate, depending on the type of hydraulic steering.
Value does not include freight, pdi and applicable taxes.